Our mission: What we do
AWID’s mission is to strengthen the voice, impact, and influence of women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements internationally to effectively advance the rights of women.
Our vision: why we do it
AWID works to build a world where women’s rights have been achieved and where all people enjoy their human rights.
Our values: what guides our work
- Our work is built upon feminist values toward the full equality of women and human rights of all people. This includes work towards the eradication of all discriminations based on gender, sexuality, religion, age, ability, ethnicity, language, nationality, class or other factors.
- We are committed to work as part of a movement to build our collective voice, power, and influence.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion by bringing marginalized voices and perspectives to the table in the pursuit of human rights for all.
- In all our interactions we strive for transparency, responsible use of financial resources, fairness, accountability, and integrity.
- We will work independently from any political party, government, or religious institution. We will strive for excellence, while being creative, bold, and courageous.